Candle Care for Optimal Performance
- The first burn should be 3 to 4 hours to open up the melt pool. The melt pool 'throws' fragrance into the air and scents your space. Burning a candle for short amounts of time will create a 'tunnel'.
- Try not to burn your candle for more than 4 hours straight. I know it's hard cause they smell so good :-)
- Always remember to trim your wick! Very important! When candle is cool, trim wick to 1/4 inch before relighting. Remove any wick debris before lighting.
Keep it Safe
- bia candle co uses a special safety wick that will self-extinguish when 1/2 inch of wax remains. This will prevent damage to surfaces.Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Burn candle away from drafts and open windows and curtains.
- Birds and small animals can be sensitive to scented candles. Use caution.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended.
- To UPcycle your jar, heat candle jar in double boiler. Pour out melted wax and use a chopstick or plastic knife to remove wick tab. Wipe away leftover wax while still soft with paper towel. Remove remaining residue with alcohol. Do not use metal on glass container. Scratching can weaken glass and lead to breakage.
Pro Tip: To extinguish the candle, I recommend 'dipping' the wick into the melt pool with a toothpick, chopstick, used matchstick, etc. instead of blowing out the flame, to avoid after smoke. Recenter the wick after dipping.